Saturday, April 17, 2010

Meijer Gardens


Henry and I went on a "date" today.......The Butterfly Exhibit was open at the Frederik Meijer Gardens....he was a little weary of the huge butterflies all around him, but he warmed up to it and loved pointing them out to me.
It was a little cold out in the Children's Gardens, but he still had a great time. I love this picture of his little pouty face:)
His first walk over a suspended bridge...he did well! I couldn't believe how many kids Henry's age were there....he was saying "hi" to all the ladies, it was adorable. He seems to prefer blondes:)
They have a special kid-sized entrance to the Gardens....I wasn't sure if we would ever make it in the actual play area, he liked this gate so much.
I'm so excited we signed up to be members for a year....free admission to the Garden's anytime, along with free admission to all of the exhibits!!! I think we will be here at least a few times a week this summer while I am on maternity leave.
This made me laugh so hard....I didn't think he would actually stick his head through for a picture, but once he did it, he wouldn't leave. I had to rip him away multiple times to let the other kids get a photo and then he would just run right back to it!
Hogging the photo op!
Staring up at the butterflies......

3 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like a good time, I can't wait to go with you next time.

Teresa said...

These are such cute pictures! We are coming to GR on May 15th to go with some of my MSU roomies. Maybe we can stop by and see you guys too? Depending on baby of course! :)

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....