Monday, August 18, 2008

Update

Mike and I went to the Doctor's office today for a set of post-due date tests. They hooked me up to the fetal monitor to watch the baby's heart rate, and Baby Frey passed with flying colors! Then we had an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid levels, which were also perfect. During the ultrasound, we had a hard time getting a view of the baby's head, since it is down so far at this point....the only thing she was able to pick up on was one of the ears! This was a little disconcerting to me, because if anyone knew me as a child, you would remember I had HUGE ears! They looked ridiculous, and my grandmother always wanted my mom to tape them back as an infant in hopes of preventing them from sticking out so much:) I hope I have not passed on the big ear curse to my baby.....yikes.

But on to the good news.....My Dr. is going to be on call all day/night on the 20th, so we have
scheduled an induction! I will be going in tomorrow night at 9:30 pm to start the process (if I don't go into labor before then), and she thinks I will have the baby sometime during the day on Wednesday the 20th! How exciting!!!! (Truthfully, I am beyond scared of labor and delivery, but it's too late to back out now, I should have thought of that 10 months ago!)

So Mike, Bailey, and I plan on spending our last evening together relaxing (and eating gobs of food, since I heard they starve you in the hospital), until baby makes four!

Wish us luck!

No comments: